Star Lounger
    Thanks

Table is Open - Not!

I am using Access 2000 and am getting the error " The table is already opened by another user or it is already open through the user interface and cannot be manipulated programatically".

But there is no other table, or forms open that I can tell. Certainly no other user. Involved are the switchboard, a button with an "open form" command, and a combo box. Underneath the controls is the same table. I cannot use the button once I have used the combo box.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Table is Open - Not!

Dear Plainsman,
    Sometimes a file called yourdbname.ldb will be left in the directory with your data base yourdbname.mdb file. What I would suggest that you close all your Access programmes and then use the windows

Star Lounger
    Thanks

nope. No *.ldb present after closing program.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think we have enough information yet to help you solve your problem. It is perfectly possible to lock objects in Access because you're already using them elsewhere in the application. I'm not sure what you mean by ...
    <hr>Underneath the controls is the same table.<hr>
    ... so could you explain that please. Does that mean your switchboard is based on the same table as the form you want to open, or your combobox is, or what? What kind of locking scheme are you using? If two forms are based on the same table and you're using pessimistic locking, one form will prevent the other from using the table.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Charlotte. Somewhere along the line I must have inadvertantly set the "record Locks" property to "all records". I never set that property so had overlooked it and was thinking it was something in the code I had messed with. With the recordset locked, other controls and forms could not access.

Sorry about the sparse info. Tried to avoid being wordy.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No problem (or, as our Aussie friends say, "no worries"). Glad you got it resolved.
    Charlotte