New Lounger

Selecting Records (Excel 2000)

How do I select specific records when using Excel 2000 and MS Query. No special series, ranges, dates, etc., i.e., claim # 1, 6, 8, 13, 27 and so forth at one time - not one at a time. I'm creating a spreadsheet to be merged with a letter in Word (merge letters). I would like to use the parameter box but I can't figure out how to put multiple entries. I didn't want the user to go into the query itself. I've searched and searched and am at my wits end! Would appreciate any help! Email:

Platinum Lounger
    Weert, Limburg, Netherlands

Re: Selecting Records (Excel 2000)

I guess the easiest way would be to use VBA to prompt the user for a list of valid numbers and then build the sql string (in VBA) using that list. Then use ADO to get the query results. AFAIK one cannot use parameter queries from MSQuery.
    If the number of records isn.t too large you could consider getting them all into XL, then use a userform to have them select the ones of interest (or have them place 1's next to the rows they need) and use a macro to copy those records to another sheet, which will be used for the mail merge.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    Professional Office Developers Association