Lounger
    Thanks

SP2 bad reg entries (XP SP2)

Three bad registry entries since installing SP2, detected by Norton Windoctor:

ProgID, "MailFileAtt," refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, "{00020D05-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}."

ProgID, "mapifvbx.object," refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, "{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}."

ProgID, "mapifvbx.object.1," refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, "{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}."

Windoctor's solution is to delete the entries, but that seems a bit harsh to me. Any ideas as to what might be the consequence of having these bad reg entries? I've experienced no problems with any Office programs, including Outlook.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SP2 bad reg entries (XP SP2)

Hve you had any problems with Office XP SP2 itself, or are you just going on what the WinDoctor utility is telling you? If the latter, I would suggest you make sure your version of WinDoctor is fully compatible with SP2 before you start taking its recommendations and deleting something you might need. You might also note that the last two of the three "problems" have the same classID, which doesn't really make much sense.
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SP2 bad reg entries (XP SP2)

I have had no problems with SP2. I regularly use Windoctor to look for invalid or defective reg entries, as well as invalid shortcuts. These I listed are just one of several flagged reg entries. I don't understand how this is a matter of compatibility between Windoctor and SP2. The errors appear to be fairly straightforward. As to the last two of the three having the same classID, see the ProgID.

One 'feature' I've noticed with some software is the addition of reg entries for features that are not installed. Could this be an example?

Also, I've started learning VBA and maybe these entries were caused by an incomplete project.