Thread: MSKB broken???

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MSKB broken???

For about the last week, I usually get an error "page unavailable" every time I go to the MSKB. Occasionally I can access a page, but usually only once per session. Is anyone else having this problem, or am I unique. It affects the help and contact pages too. I'm using IE5.01SP2 and have the default security settings. I also use the Proxomitron web filter, but even if I bypass this it doesn't work. The situation is the same at home over a dial up or at work with access through a LAN. It's actually becoming a problem, as many solutions offer links to MSKB articles, which I can't access!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MSKB broken???

Not heppening to me. I've been there several times in the past week, usually I'm following a link to a specific Q-article and I use IE 6 when I do that, since KB pages don't render correctly in Mozilla, my normal browser. I checked three different URLs just now and it's still working OK on this end.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No particular link. If there's any pattern it's this:

this behaviour has only happened since the addresses of the links have changed, and now end aspx

it seems that the first visit in any "session" to the kb, the page will load, but following any subsequent links from that will not. Nor, oddly enough, will typing the link in the address bar. I have yet to work out what constitutes a "session", whether it's an instance of IE, or whether I have to shut down ie completely, or logout of windows before it will work again. I'm working on it, but there's definitely a systematic problem. Clearly unique to me, however!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Do you have a specific link that you cannot get to? Perhaps the recent activity at the MSKB (multiple new Security Updates) is just slowing things down.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Mark, Try emptying your TIF and History.

Joe
    Joe