Thread: User Identity

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

User Identity

Forgive me if this is a frivolous post and maybe I should have put it somewhere else than here. [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img] All the machines my 12 seat classroom were just rebuilt and I want to put interesting, amusing names in the User Information area that spoofs on Word terms. I was hoping you guys might help me out with some creative inspiration. I do have one where a mischievious soul named it "Groovy Chick". LOL And I have one oddball Hewlett Packard machine that we call "Hewie".

Thanks

Re: User Identity

A college friend of mine circulated this URL for the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.recordstore.com/cgi-bin/wuname/wuname.pl>Wu Name</A> generator. I don't know the Wu Tang Clan from Adam, but this creates some pretty funny names.

p hanks translates to "Sabre-Toothed Portillo"...

(signed) Womanly Panther

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks - that's awesome. It will give something fun to do on a rainy Friday night -or is it Saturday am already? [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img] Time is a blurr. LOL

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

he he he I put in your name j scher and it generated "World-Class Programmah". Did it tell you "womanly panther" before? And I am thinking I need to head on over to Dictionary.com to see if I like being a "portillo" LOL!

It's way too much fun - one of my students came up "Undiscovered Bum" and the IT guys came up as "Ungrateful Ninja" and hilariously he's into martial arts, "Tha Visible Choirboy" and he is of a religous nature, and the boss's name came up as "Bellowing Rap Machine". Boy am I going to have fun with this. Thanks bunches. [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I [img]/w3timages/icons/love.gif[/img] the concept! I know others don't like these things, and chalk them off to being corny or cheesy -- but they do help make otherwise dull classes entertaining. If the names are obvious enough, it can even assist with the "random" demonstrations... such as Tommy Tock is the one that gets "picked on" to show how easy it is to generate that TOC. Or Cappy demonstrates the Shift+F3 for changing case. Fannie Fashion can demonstrate styles. [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]This could go on forever...

I'm sure Geoff can chime in with some...

Good luck!
    Karen

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Here are a few Yiddish words and their meanings.

chacham pronounced KHAW-khem means Wise, A clever, wise, or learned man or woman

dybbuk pronounced DIB-book means a evil spirit: or a demon

k'nocker pronounced K'NOCK-er means big shot: or a boastful, cocky, self-advertising fellow, a show off.

There are many Yiddish words the have very nice meanings, but we use a lot of Yiddish words which are NOT very nice, so pick your words carefully.
    Also you should see what the Spellchecker.net has to say about these words.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool beans! You guys are awesome! [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img] Love it! Love it! Love it!