2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Input Masks (Access 2K)

Does someone know the file that houses the input masks for Access 2K? I have a Access running on two different machines and want to transfer my custom input masks from one to the other without having to input all of them again.

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Input Masks (Access 2K)

In Access XP, custom input masks are saved in a table called im_TblInputMask found in a file named ACWZUSRT.MDT, typically located in the Cocuments and Settings[UserName]Application DataMicrosoftAccess folder. This database is titled "Microsoft Access Wizards User Data" (see illustration). As the name implies apparently this is where many of your user-defined settings and data, like custom input masks, are saved. The .MDT file extension signifies "MS Access Add-in Data." This file extension is not listed in the Access File>Open Files of Type box, but when you double-click file in Windows Explorer it will open in Access like any other database file. As shown, this table is updatable, new records can be inserted, so you should be able copy your custom input masks by exporting table, then appending those records into same table on the other machine.

NOTE: I don't have A2K on my home machine, so am not sure if same file is used in A2K, the file location may differ too, depending on which version of Windows you are using. So you may have to dig around to locate A2K equivalent.

HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

NOTE: In Access 2000 search for file named ACWZUSR.MDT. There's usually 2 versions of this file, for user-defined input masks you want the one in the C:WINDOWSApplication DataMicrosoftAccess (or equivalent) folder, not the one located in C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice. The table with input mask info is also named im_TblInputMask in A2K. When you open table the user-defined input masks are normally found at bottom of table if sorted in MaskID order. (MaskID is an autonumber, if copying records from one table to another leave blank when appending records.)

HTH

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks