New Lounger
    Thanks

Star Wars style text (97)

I'm preparing a presentation with a space theme. I would like to introduce it with a block of text that slowly disappears into the distance, Star Wars style. Can anyone help tell me how I can achieve this. (Assuming it's possible!)

Thanks for your assistance

Thanks

Re: Star Wars style text (97)

Using WordArt, I believe you can create a graphic of "tilted" text, but making it move up the screen while simultaneously shrinking it is beyond my previous experimentation. Perhaps it could be done with VBA, manipulating the Shape's size and position. I wonder whether the graphic would redraw itself smaller and smaller or whether the sides would get cut off? I think some of the PowerPoint power users have posted on how to use VBA while displaying a presentation, and perhaps those threads have some ideas to get you started.

KTYorke

Just an idea to throw at you...
    I've seen what you're looking for done with Flash. However, I don't even know if you can import flash files to run in a PPT presentation (I'll leave that question to those far more knowledgeable than I) I haven't used FLash yet (it's buried in my list of things to do) but I hear from many people that it's very easy to get the hang of quickly.
    Hope that jogs you or someone else to come up with a more detailed suggestion.
    have fun

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I just checked with our graphics/design division down the hall. They put together Flash presentations frequently. He indicated that you can put PowerPoint slides into Flash, but it doesn't work to put Flash into PowerPoint.

Since I have never used Flash, I couldn't tell if this is absolute, or just his experience in working with both programs.

KTYorke

Well it was worth a shot... sorry I couldn't be more helpful... and like I said though, I've heard Flash is very easy to learn.
    have fun

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Why not just create lots of copies of your graphic, each one a little smaller and higher than the one before, and animate them - as in the attached example.

StuartR
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: ppt x.ppt (34.0 KB, 5 views)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried this once in the past and it wasn't worth the time for the limited effect. I was just trying to scroll text up/off, not even make it smaller!

I haven't dug, but I think you CAN put flash into PP2000 and above.