Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Where is the MenuBar kept at? (WinNT4)

This guy has a Windows Explorer Menu Bar that disappeared one day. The image is here. He has no ToolBar or AddressBar either, and since he has no bar up top, he has nothing to right-click to correct this.

My best guess is that some .dll for Explorer is corrupt or screwed up -- but I don't know which one: shell32, shdoc401, shdocvw all come to mind. However, if I look inside each of those, I do not clearly see where the "MenuBar" is kept.

Does anyone know how Explorer creates the MenuBar?? Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Where is the MenuBar kept at? (WinNT4)

If memory serves, they're COM objects that are defined using the registry and a few other controls. Since Windows Explorer is really Internet Explorer in "sheep's clothing", have you tried to run a repair of IE?
    -Mark

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Where is the MenuBar kept at? (WinNT4)

The answer was rather unsuspected...

I guess in WinNT, the "Theater Mode" (Full Screen View) of Windows Explorer does NOT include the Tool Bar (Button Bar). So, the user inadvertantly hit "F11" -- and Windows Explorer went into Theater Mode with NO bars up top at all!!

This does not happen (as best I can tell) in Win98-XP. The Theater Mode (Full Screen View) of Windows Explorer always includes the Tool Bar by default -- and from right-clicking this Tool Bar, one can select to display the Menu Bar, etc.

See image here.

Thanks for the input.