Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Remote Links (2000)

Situation: I have a master file of data, kept by month in columns A through L, corresponding to the months of January through December. The data consist of 10 items in rows 1-10 of each of the columns. The data changes from month to month. I use this data in a variety of different files (>10), and for each month, I create a new worksheet in each file. To get the data from the master, I do a simple link. However, there are getting to be a great number of these links on each worksheet, and I was wondering if there is a way to automatically create the links in each of the worksheets with the correct link to the master file.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Thanks

Re: Changing Remote Links (2000)

You could write a macro to create the necessary links.
    Without code you could:
    If you mean links as in "hyperlinks" you can use the HYPERLINK function

If you mean links like cell references, you can use the INDIRECT function or a combination of the INDIRECT and ADDRESS function if appropriate.

Steve

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Steve,
    They are simple cell references.

Thanks

Also another thought completely. Is why make a new sheet each month? If all the "monthly sheets" are identical data (excpet for the month) why not just have pulldown for the month and then use that info to "grab" the correct data from the master for that month (MATCH and INDEX work well for this)

You could even keep multiple years and choose a year and a month to extract the data from a Maste sheet of multiple year/multiple month data.

I can't get too more specific, since I don't know exactly what you have and what you need. It might be helpful to attach an example (with proprietary info removed) so that we could see what you are after.

Steve