Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Knowledge Base

For about a week, I've been having tremendous trouble getting through to the MS KB. I can watch the bar go back & forth for 5-6 minutes or just come back with a message that it can't find the server. Actually, this happens with Netscape & Opera, also. I have a DSL connection.

Has anyone been having a problem connecting lately or is it just me?

Thanks in advance.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

ileacy

Re: Microsoft Knowledge Base

On every day. Have not noticed a problem.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

[img]/w3timages/icons/nope.gif[/img] I've been connecting fine, but through support and through TechNet.
    Karen

Thanks

I've taken to use the meta-search feature, which turns up hits in Technet and MSDN as well as KB. It doesn't have as many irritating drop down menus, either.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://search.microsoft.com/isapi/gosearch.asp?target=/us/default.asp>http://search.microsoft.com/isapi/gosearch.../us/default.asp</A>

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

[img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]Thanks to everyone who responded. My conscience is bothering me. My "problem" seems to be solved. I should have noticed that all my browsers were working more slowly.

However, my monthly thorough scandisk revealed errors that needed fixing & my monthly defrag made a HUGE difference.

Gee, it's obvious I never follow my own advice.[img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]Do any of us?
    Karen