Lounger
    Thanks

User Defined Functions (Excel XP)

Guys

A client of mine has created a User Defined Function in Excel 97 and has subsequently been upgraded to Excel XP. Since the upgrade the user has lost the User Defined Function. Am I correct in thinking that the User Defined Function is stored in the Personal.xls ? Also it appears that on Excel XP a client can no longer create their own User Defined Functions. Is this correct ??

Any assistance would be greatfully received !!

Thanks in Advance

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User Defined Functions (Excel XP)

User defined functions are stored where the user tells XL to store them. A common place to store UDFs that are used by more than one workbook is in Personal.xls.

I don't use XP since I would never trust being able to access my data to something that includes the Registration/Activation wizard. However, I do know that it is deffinitely possible to create UDFs in XL XP. However, it is also probably possible to lock this so that a user can not create them, and some very short sighted company Information Technology departments might think that this was a good thing to do. If this is a user in a corporate environment, then he will have to check with his IT Deaprtment to see what they have done. If they are preventing the creation of UDFs, I would start looking for a new job as this company may not be around for the long term.
    Legare Coleman