2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

EasyCD Creator hanging around (XP Pro)

I uninstalled Roxio's EasyCD Creator Basic version 5 some weeks ago. All of a sudden, I now get the Windows Installer constantly trying to reinstall this program, and being persistent about demanding that I place the CD in the drive. I have to cancel out 3-5 times before the dialogue boxes go away. Randomly, or everytime I access a hard drive through My Computer, the process starts up again.

The offending program is listed on Control Panel|Add-Remove Programs, but without a Change/Remove button. I've tried Tweak, Registry cleaner, DLL snopper and Startup manager utilkities to no avail. None of them find a trace of EasyCD Creator, nor do they even see the entry on the Add-Remove list. Any ideas?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: EasyCD Creator hanging around (XP Pro)

I just resolved this issue myself by doing the obvious (Duh!). I gave Windows Installer what it wanted (The EasyCD program cd) and let it complete a new install. After rebooting, I immediately uninstalled it. The irritating install dialogues are gone, as is the remnant listing under Add-Remove Programs. Should have done this sooner.