Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2000 forms

Hi all, I have been designing a 'contact form' to gather details on employee's. One of the fields I require is a "Driver's Licence Expirary Date". I have made the required date box etc, no problems there. But I am stumped if I can figure out how to automatically hook this date into a reminder or event so that I am reminded that, so n so's licence will expire in 3 weeks.
    All help appreciated.
    Robert

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 forms

i think this is one of the things that can't be done - check at cdolive might have scripts too.

I think what you want to do, if possible, is to do like how birthdays are added to the calendar. add the reminder for 3 weeks before it's due rather than adding it on the due date and setting a 3 week reminder.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Mary for the very prompt reply. I was afraid it couldn't be done. I have bee looking at slipstick etc all day getting clues. I thought about making a birthday for it but this will give me a recurring date every year.
    Robert
    Brisbane Australia

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you also have Access 2000 you could create a simple Database and 'autoexec' a report every time it opens (Licence date - 21 days). The beauty of this is that as you think of other things you would like it to do you just extend the queries, reports and inputs.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for that tip. Unfortunately not a practical solution for me as we are about to connect up all our offices around the city on a WAN. I personally already have an Access Database on my computer to do this but was wanting other managers of limited IT knowledge to use outlook. and if at a later date we deploy an exchange server life will be so much easier.
    Robert