Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Mum's Pie
2002-09-06, 11:38 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2001
- Darkest Kent, UK., Kent, England
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Sausage meat (500-750g*?), seasoned with salt, pepper, tabasco, herbs, etc. if preferred
- 400g* can of Baked Beans or tinned Spaghetti
- Mashed potato - a thicker consistency works best
- Cheese - something that melts well - Cheddar or similar
- Tomato puree (the thick stuff in a tube <img src=/S/flags/UK.gif border=0 alt=UK width=30 height=18> , not the sloppy stuff in a can <img src=/S/flags/Australia.gif border=0 alt=Australia width=30 height=18> <img src=/S/flags/USA.gif border=0 alt=USA width=30 height=18> )
Take a deep casserole dish or similar and press the sausage meat into the base to make a solid layer about an inch* or two thick. (You can pre-cook this layer on it's own for 15-20 minutes if you prefer)
Smear a good covering of Vegemite all over, and go wild with the tube of tomato puree (this bit is fun).
Pour over the beans/spaghetti.
Spread the mashed potato over the top to a depth of around 2"*, taking care not to mix it up with the bean layer too much.
Sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
Bake it at around 170-180