fkristo

Data Validation and Dropdowns

I have worksheet with in-cell dropdowns. When I use freeze pane on columns A & B, the data validation in-cell dropdowns won't appear. Can anyone suggest a work around? (Preferably not code - I don't know much about it. But if thats the only way, I'll give it a go.) Excel 97 SR2

Thanks in advance.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data Validation and Dropdowns

Hi,

I tried to replicate your scenario as I understand it but everything works as it should - in Excel 2000. Maybe there is a problem with Excel 97.

Are you using a list of data for validation and if so where on the sheet is the list stored. Are the cells requiring validation within the frozen columns ?.

AC

fkristo

Dear Andrew,

The cells which comprise the list are in the colums which are the mobile section of the worksheet.

The data validation input message doesn't appear either.

5 Star Lounger
    Reading/Swindon, Berkshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

I think that this is a known problem with 97 and fixed in 2000. I haven't tried it but instead of freezing the panes how about splitting the window?

Brooke

fkristo

Thanks for the suggestion Brooke. However, there are a large number of worksheets in the file and if I use splitting the worksheet tabs become hard to access. The spreadsheets will be used by a lot of people who know little about computers. It all has to be very simple.

Regards,
    Ford