3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access data to Outlook Folder

Does anybody know how i can create an item in a public folder through VBA? I have written a process to gather information from an Access database and create a contact item but i have to create the item in my own contacts folder and then move it to the desired public folder. Surely there is a way of creating it in the public folder directly? I have full control of the public folder - i created it ! Would it be quicker to create all items and then move a whole folder ? there are approx 1400 contacts after the process is complete.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access data to Outlook Folder

Check out q208232 OL2000: How to Programmatically Import Items from Access in the MS Knowledge base

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access data to Outlook Folder

This is what i have, although my code is a little different, but where they have the lines:
    c.save 'save the item

.movenext 'move to next item in db
    I have:
    c.save 'save the item
    c.move <mypublicfolder> 'move the item to mypublicfolder
    .movenext 'move to next item in db

i want to save the item in the publicfolder straight away because it seems to cause problems with my outlook client.
    any more ideas anyone ?