2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Today (2000/9.0.0.2711)

The Outlook Today folder list shows the following: Outlook Today-[Outlook Today] and the title bar directly above shows Outlook Today-Outlook Today. I tried the "detect and repair" feature. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook to try to correct the duplication to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Outlook Today (2000/9.0.0.2711)

I use Outlook 2000 in Corporate/Workgroup mode, so this might be a bit different for you...

Above my Outlook Today screen I have "Personal Folders - MainInbox - Outlook Today"

Personal Folders - MainInbox is the name I gave my main personal folders (PST) file. Yours seems to be named Outlook Today, or that would be my guess.

To give a different name (not file name, but "friendly name") to a PST, do this:
    [list=1]<LI>Locate the personal folders file in the Folder List. If you are not already displaying the folder list, choose View

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It does temporarily change it. It then reverts to Outlook Today - [Outlook Today] when I restart Outlook. Again, the grey bar right above also shows Outlook Today-Outlook Today and it is not affected by the above actions, only the icon label under the folder list.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Try opening outlook with one of the following switch:

outlook.exe /cleanviews (restores default views)
    outlook.exe /resetfolders (restores missing folders for the default delivery location)

for more info on switches see the knowledge base article number Q197180