Star Lounger
    Thanks

Linking MP3 files with pp 2000 (PP2000 SR1)

A friend insists on using pp presentations, each of one or more slides and each presentation containing words to a specific song that he projects onto a screen. At the same time he plays the music to the selected song from CDs in his DVD drive using Media player 8. Why does he not use a separate CD system? Who knows!!

I have speeded him up by ripping the songs from the 10 CDs & putting the resulting 200 MP3 files onto his hard drive.

I have experimented by inserting the appropriate tune into the first slide so it starts playing automatically when he selects the first slide. That works a treat where there is only one slide in the presentation. When the words run unto more than one slide the tune stops when the slide is changed.

Is there any way of linking the tune so that it starts when the first slide is selected and continues until it is manually stopped or the presentation is closed? Either would suffice.

JohnB
    Sheffield UK

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking MP3 files with pp 2000 (PP2000 SR1)

I think so.
    On the first slide, use Insert | Movies and Sounds | Insert from file
    Browse to and insert the sound file.
    Once the sound file is on the slide, right click on the sound icon and select Custom Animation
    Then set the 'Animate' check box for 'media' and complete the other options - you need 'Continue Slide show' while playing, and Stop playing after 'some very large number of slides which is more than the number of slides in the presentation' (PPT2K)
    You can also select 'loop until Stopped' by clicking on the 'More Options' button (PPT2K)
    If you wish to make the sound icon invisible, simply drag and drop the icon off the slide background i.e. make sure it is outside the slide area. It will still be associated with that slide.
    Test by running the slides as a slide show (Slide show | View show)
    Hope this is what you were really asking about and that it helps.
    Cheers

PS : Be very careful that you don't breach music copyright.
    Silverback

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking MP3 files with pp 2000 (PP2000 SR1)

Just what I wanted!

One or two gotchas but I can work around them.

Thanks a million.

John