New Lounger
    Thanks

File Open/Save Listing - Strange Behaviour! (2000 SP2)

Hi there folks!

We have struck some rather interesting behavior from Word 2000 (with SP2). The organisation has just migrated from Word 97 on NT 4 to XP Pro workstations
    using Word 2000 and Microsoft's Small Business Server.

What's happening?!

In the file open or save dialog box, the users prefer the details view. When they click on the column "filename" it sorts in alphabetical or reverse
    alphabetical order. The A-Z alphabetical sorting works fine. However, sorting in reverse order renders the most unpredictable results - which is definately NOT reverse alphabetical order!

I have created a word document with screen dumps showing what Word actually does at http://www.solace.gen.nz/word2k.doc

Strangely enough, Explorer does the sorting in alpha and reverse alpha order correctly!!! <sigh>

I would be MOST grateful for any assistance!

Many thanks.

Richard Szabo

Thanks

Re: File Open/Save Listing - Strange Behaviour! (2000 SP2)

I have Office 2000, so I can't say whether this is specific to your file names or is a problem with Word 2002. Sure sounds like a software bug.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Open/Save Listing - Strange Behaviour! (2000 SP2)

Hi folks! For anyone following this thread, Microsoft New Zealand techs have replicated the fault and admits it looks like a "bug" in the software. Don't know why it should do it, or of any workarounds. Problem has been escaulated to Microsoft Australia. Will keep you posted!