5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

report to Mac (XP/2K)

Is there a way to export a report that includes subreports (which means that it cannot be saved as an rtf) to something that a Mac understands? (I understand that for us Windows users this is heretical, but what can I do, that is what the client wants.) Is there a way that Mac can read a snapshot?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: report to Mac (XP/2K)

I'd strongly recommend saving the report in .PDF format if you intend to distribute to non-Windows users. I doubt that a Mac user could read a snapshot. To save as .PDF you must have the Adobe Acrobat software installed (the Acrobat Reader can only read, as name implies). Open report in Print Preview, select Print... from File menu, then select Acrobat PDFWriter or Acrobat Distiller from Printer list. (For reports with a lot of formatting, Distiller often results in better quality and smaller file size.) Adobe Acrobat is a good investment if you often find yourself distributing files to others, Windows users or not, who may not be able to view a particular file format. At work we use Acrobat to distribute Access reports to other users. The snapshot format was not considered a viable option, as most people don't have the viewer installed, while .PDF is considered to be the closest thing to a "universal" format. Reports saved as .PDF files are also smaller in size than comparable .SNP snapshot files, and can be annotated with highlighting, comments, bookmarks, etc in Acrobat.

HTH