2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Charts with timescale axis (2000)

I need to produce a chart/graph that has a timescale x axis. I can't seem to do this in Access. Can it be done? How?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Charts with timescale axis (2000)

What kind of values are you graphing and over what kind of periods? When you say you can't do this, what do you mean? Do you get some kind of error message or no graph or what?
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have a database which records a budget at a certain time. This can be updated daily or go many days without update. The records are tracked over a number of weeks. I can get Access to produce a chart of budget against time but the x axis is not time-scaled. It spaces all records equally no matter wether there is one day or many days between them.
    I have tried to adjust the x axis scale but the option for "time-scale" is not available as it is in excel.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

How are you recording time in Access? Access can only handle the data you enter. Since it doesn't make sense to create a record for each day or week even if it doesn't change, that may be your problem. ONe way of handling it might be to create a table of dates, one record for each date. Then join that table to the other one on the dates with an outer join from date to data. That should give you all the dates you need for the time axis.
    Charlotte