2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access Schedule (2000)

I'm in the process of designing a personalized schedule in ASP for a conference. Basically I'd like the user to be able to select events with corresponding times, and save this information in an Access DB. I'm having a bit of difficulty coming up with the best method, and was hoping to get some insight or ideas on my db design. Basically I have a schedule table, with the following fields, schedule_id, date, time, topic, speaker. What would be the best way of setting up the rest of the db structure. I'm guessing some kind of users table to stroe the info. I'm new to Access and sb design and any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks beforehand!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Access Schedule (2000)

I hope your conference is not this month (or next)! You will probably need several tables - the following come to mind.
    <UL><LI>Session table with date and time, room number, link to a speaker
    <LI>Speaker table with pertinent details - you don't want a speaker scheduled to do 2 sessions at the same time.
    <LI>Attendee table - pertinent details such as name, contact address, etc.
    <LI>AttendeeSession linking table - to show which sessions an attendee wants to attend - the bulk of your data collection would go here[/list]There are lots of other considerations - do people register on the web site, or do they need to register first before they can use the scheduler? Are people allowed to schedule conflicts? How will the info be used once it is collected? And the list goes on . . . . Never the less, it seems like a great idea. Hope it goes well.
    Wendell