New Lounger
    Thanks

TreeView on Access Form (Access 97)

I have a form with a TreeView that can get populated with more than 100 nodes and about 10 sub-nodes for each. If I try a TreeView.Nodes.Clear to reset the control, it takes a very long time (and you can see the vertical scroll bar slowly moving up as if the control is refreshing for each node that is being removed by the method).

Any quicker solutions without having to go to a 3rd party control?

Les

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: TreeView on Access Form (Access 97)

Unfortunately, the only solution (other than 3rd party controls) is to get a faster computer or network connection. It can really get sluggish is you end up with several thousand nodes - we've had clients who started their treeview form and then went to get a cup of coffee in order to make it less aggravating. We've now switched to 3rd party controls for the most part.
    Wendell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A technique I used with a multi-thousand list of customers was to populate the treeview with a list of the alphabet. Then when the user selects a letter, the customers whose name began with that letter were queried and added to the treeview. Drilling down thru the various levels is quite quick compared to loading the entire treeview at startup.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

New Lounger
    Thanks

I found one method that worked was turning the visibility of the form off, and then executing the TreeView.Nodes.Clear method. I was just looking for a cleaning way of doing it. Getting a faster computer for 30 users just isn't in the budget <grin>.