New Lounger
    Thanks

File Format Is Not Supported (2002 Beta -> Full) (2002 Beta -> 2002 Final

Hi all,

I have a bunch of files created with MS Project 2002 Beta3. Now I cannot read them in with Project 2002 (final release), getting the following error message: 'File Format Is Not Supported - The file was created in a pre-release version of Microsoft Project and cannot be opened. '

This behaviour is acknowledged in knowledge base article Q324503. The suggested workaround is to open the 2002-beta files with MS Project 2000 and save them again. The resulting files are in 2000-format and are supposed to be readable by a final version of Project 2002. I tried it, but it doesn't work for me.

According to the article, when I save the 2002-beta file using Project 2000, it is supposed to notice that the underlying fileformat is 2002-beta and tell me something like 'This file has been created by a different version of Microsoft Project.' It doesn't. And the result is again 2002-beta format, unreadable for 2002-final.

Does anybody else run into this behaviour and found a way to get around?
    Bart.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Format Is Not Supported (2002 Beta -> Full) (2002 Beta -> 2002 Fi

Unfortunetly, or fortunetly, not many actually "created" a plan on the beta...justed played with it. I am not aware of anything else at this point. I have the 2002 at my office. If you would attach one of those files I will try to open it up and also do some research if I get the same results

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Format Is Not Supported (2002 Beta -> Full) (2002 Beta -> 2002 Fi

Tanya,

I *do* thank you for your offer, but I was on a schedule and had to deliver. So I recreated the stuff. Most of it from previous versions, some from scratch.

I do take it as a lesson, though :-{

Bart.
    Bart.