New Lounger
    Thanks

Default mail client (2000)

I know this is vague, but maybe someone could help me. My Outlook 2000 seems to keep losing its status as the default mail client. Whenever I click a "mail to:" link in a web page, I get the response that it could not be completed because my default mail client is not properly installed. Every now and then Outlook will let me know that it's not the default and would I like to make it the default. Any ideas? Could Norton Antivirus cause this? It's set up to scan all my incoming e-mail.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default mail client (2000)

Do you access more than one email account? Maybe an exchange account and an email account? Do you use Outlook express to view newsgroups, or do you share your computer with anyone?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I access 3 POP3 accounts (all internet mail). I don't share the laptop with anyone. I do, however, access the e-mail accounts through the directly through the web sometimes (when I'm on dial-up, and I'd like to weed through them instead of going through Outlook). I never use Outlook Express, either.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I had this sort of problem at work under Win2K. Solution was to go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs and change default Mail handler from Netscape (in my case) to Microsoft Outlook. Only, when I made the change it did not stay changed. Turned out you needed Administrator status to make the change. I got my adminstrator to change it and it seems to be all fixed now.