New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge (Word 2000)

I want to create a mail merge option that allows me to create specific user details which will be different each time so that it will create a fax header that has the users info on.
    Fax wizard doesn't appear to facilitate it.
    What I want is the ability to get specifics such as formats of name address and phone number for recipients and amend each time I select this document - any ideas?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge (Word 2000)

If I understand you correctly, you have a database with user information in it. You want a form fax cover that contains fields that allow you to select a user & fills in the fields correctly. I haven't used the Fax Wizard much at all, but you could certainly create a form letter by going to Tools/Mail Merge... & use your database as a datasource for it. Is that what you're trying to do?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge (Word 2000)

Folowing up on Phil's post, do you want to send one fax at a time, or do you want to send a group of faxes as a result of a merge? The better solutions to these two scenarios are different. Doing one at a time, you may want to use automation to build the Fax header on the fly. However for a group of them, especially if you want to run it through Outlook to a Fax Server, would work best using Mail Merge. It also is important to decide where you want to store the address and other information use to populate the Fax header.
    Wendell