New Lounger
    Thanks

Lookup Lists (2000)

I am adding info to a table using a lookup table. I have programmed another table to pop-up when the info I am entering is not on the lookup list. After I enter new information into the table and come back to the entry form, I want the lookup table to be updated with the new information so that I may acccess. How do I tell the form I am working with to see the updated lookup table without closing my form and restarting?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Lookup Lists (2000)

In the onactivate event for the form, put in a line to requery the control that uses the lookup.
    eg: me!combosomething.requery
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lookup Lists (2000)

You might want to take a look at a column Helen Feddema wrote. In it she outlines how to set up a Not In List event to trigger a data entry form that will requery the combo box when you've finished adding the information and close it.

I see you're talking about a tables and she's talking about forms, but it might still be worth looking at. I have found it invaluable. The article is posted to her website, http://www.helenfeddema.com/access.htm, the file is "accarch08.zip". Hope this is useful.

Elizabeth

Edited by Charlotte to activate link