New Lounger
    Thanks

Clicked links don't open IE (6.00.2800.1106)

I am running Win98SE with IE6 and OE6. Since I upgraded to IE6 and OE6 when I click a link inside an email it sets the hard drive to working, then the top header of the email turns blue and then the header of OE6 turns blue but IE does not launch. I have to copy the link, launch IE and then paste it in to go to the link. I also cannot seem to open a new window by double clicking the IE icon on the desktop or through file -window - new. A new window just will not launch. If I want to run multiple windows I have to launch Opera. Any help would be appreciated.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clicked links don't open IE (6.00.2800.1106)

you need to reregister IE as the URL handler. I think the instructions are at http://www.tomsterdam.com

New Lounger
    Thanks

I searched tomsterdam high and low and couldn't find the instructions on how to reregister IE as the url handler. Hope someone can still help with this problem.

Thanks for the info, I did learn alot of other stuff there.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I feel foolish now. I figured out the problem. I had also downloaded "Popup Stopper" and started using it the same time I upgraded. I turned of the aggressive mode and now all the links work as they should. I was even having trouble with some links in IE until I turned it off. Bottom line - only apply one new program at a time to see what kind of havoc you have wrought.