Ensleigh_IT

Missing ClipArt Categories

Cross-posted from 'general Office' area, where I've had no replies. :-(
    We're running WinNT4 and Office97 with Outlook2000. I have a user who has no visible categories, when trying to insert ClipArt into eg Word or PowerPoint. The window opens, and the message comes up about no matching clips found (as if a search had failed). Although the categories aren't shown, the ClipArt images are still there; and are returned if you do search for something. I've tried the following, with no effect, and would be grateful for any suggestions, magic wands or Starbucks coffees!
    Upgraded NT Service Pack to 6a. Re-run Office 97 Service Release 2b. Deleted all copies of artgal50.mmc. Taken the Recover/Compact/Restore options in Clip Gallery (as the user). Run artgalry.exe to re-register it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing ClipArt Categories

Haven't got 97 so this is not tried. Try to locate a relevant .dll file (artgalry.dll?) and run regsvr32.exe /artgalry.dll.

This may register the relevant file. (Fingers crossed)
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

Ensleigh_IT

Thanks, David. "regsvr32 artgalry.dll" (without the quotation marks, as they say) does run and confirm re-registry, but has no effect on the problem.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If it is caused by missing or corrupted ArtGalry.cag the the following link might help.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q138/4/91.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=Cag&rnk=3&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH &SPR=OFW97>OFF: ErrMsg: The ClipArt Gallery Cannot Find This Picture </A>

Its probably worth a try

Andrew C

Ensleigh_IT

Worth a try, as you say, Andrew - but, alas, no change!