New Lounger
    Thanks

Paste Special Using Drag and Drop (Excel 2000)

I use a formatted template for process analysis. The template includes colored highlights and bold lines to separate different sections. The cell formulae however, are different for each process, so they are not included in the template. When building a new spreadsheet using the template, I do a lot of formula copying between cells. If I use the mouse and ctrl key for drag and drop copying, it messes up the sheet formatting because it also copies the borders and background formatting of the cell to be copied. I know that I can copy the Formula Only using the Paste Special command, but this is cumbersome. Is it possible to set things up so that drag and drop copying copies the Formula Only, and not the background and border formatting?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paste Special Using Drag and Drop (Excel 2000)

Right-click and drag the cell selector's border to your destination. Relese the mouse and you should get the option you want. Can't say for sure if 2000 has that feature... 2002 does.

-Lenny

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

XL 2000 only offers PS Values only and Formats only by this method. One of out VBA experts can undoubtably add PS Formulas only to the menu; meanwhile you could add this macro to a custom button, then use Ctrl C to copy the source cell, select the destination cell and click the Button. This is a lot more convenient than repeatedly using the PS menu.

Sub PasteSpecialFormulas()
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
    SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
    End Sub

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>XL 2000 only offers Values and Formats... <hr>

Bummer! Sounds like that didn't improve from 97. Glad I skipped 2000.

In 97 I created a code for a button to paste formulas, but I don't recall the code. I do remember, however, it wasn't difficult to record.

-Lenny