2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

macros not allowed in Win 2000 (word 97)

I have one computer in my classroom lab with Windows 2000 Pro on it (others are 98 or ME). I was having the students record some macros, and everything worked fine except for the person using Win 2000. Apparently, you can't add macros unless you are an Administrator. Is there a way around that? (other than giving students Administrator privileges?)

Thanks

Re: macros not allowed in Win 2000 (word 97)

Hmmm, that doesn't seem right. Check Tools|Options...|File Locations for the location of the User Templates folder. Is it under a path to which the user does not have privileges? You should be able to re-point it to another path to which the user has all the necessary privileges. (Unfortunately, if that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

the file location is pointing to the normal folder for templates on drive C. Today I logged in under a student ID and I was able to put in macros. Maybe the student had done something else wrong to cause the problem

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If the user doesn't have access to the User Templates folder then you could get them to record the Macro in the current document.

StuartR

[i]Edited by StuartR when I realised that I had set my image to have transparent black[i]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (7.3 KB, 0 views)