Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Colour clipart - advice on sources?

The question is in the title!

I don't much like the clipart found on the Microsoft Design Galley Live (too blurred for my liking, with coloured oval backgrounds). I wonder whether the vast array of clipart in Corel Draw (and even more in the various Corel Gallery products) can be imported easily and used just as easily in PowerPoint 97? There seems to be a number of restrictions mentioned in the Help information about the CorelDRAW Graphics Filter, but it's difficult to know what are the implications without actually buying a Corel Draw product and trying it! I'm hoping someone who's done this could say a few words...

All advice welcomed!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Colour clipart - advice on sources?

Microsoft Design Galley Live is a very good source for clipart. If you are saving the clipart as a .gif file that is why it is blurred. If you click on the down arrow beside the clipart and choose "Open this file from its current location," it will automatically save it to your clip galley and then you can use it in PowerPoint 97.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have Corel Gallery 1,000,000 - should keep me going for a while.

Best way to move a clip art into Powerpoint is to use the Corel Gallery browse tool, find the items you want, right click on them, and then save in your appropriate folder - my documents, my photos, or whatever.

I found trying to save them in the Corel Browser in its favourite folder didn't do much, as the thumbnails were only a generic Corel Photohouse icon.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the comments! I was simply viewing the clipart from the Microsoft Design Gallery on-screen, and didn't save it anywhere. Does the Corel Gallery include a whole lot of black-and-white stuff that came from Dover books? or am I thinking of somewhere else?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The Corel Gallery 1,000,000 I have does have a lot of black and white material - both line drawings and filled items. No idea where they might have originated. Only references cited apart from Corel sources are Image Club Graphics Inc, One Mile Up Inc, and Techpool Studios Inc.

The package with 12 CDs and a very useable printed catalogue is only $20 (Canadian)- I think it's a pretty good deal. It also includes Corel Photo House and WebSpice.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

You're lucky! In the UK, the 1,000,000 clipart is an almost obsolete item, at about

Ita, esto, quidcumque...