Star Lounger
    Thanks

XP error report (XP)

Recently received 2 types of error reports.
    1. Using WORD XP or EXCEL XP when typing a new character: "your auto correct file cocuments and settings?????Application DataMicrosoftOfficeMSO1037.acl could not be saved. The file may be read-only or you may not have permission to modify the file"
    2. Using Norton Anti Virus 2002 to scan an individual file: "Unable to open the file cocuments and settings?????My Documentspathnamefilename Please make sure the file exists on your system and the path and filename are correct
    Norton full scan and other functions work.
    Can anybody advise what this is.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP error report (XP)

1. Make sure that Hebrew version of Office installed or Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Pack CD 7 applied. Then open Windows Explorer and check the file mso1037.acl. It suppose to be in the folder you mention. Rename this file (for example, mso1037.old) Then open Word (or Excel), change language to Hebrew, click Tools | AutoCorrect Options . Click OK and check the mso1037.acl file once again. Word must create a new copy of it with current date and time. However, according to Proofing Tools for Office XP Frequently Asked Questions, Hebrew version does not have an AutoCorrect List option.
    2. Most probably one of the documents in your My Documents folder is corrupted. Run Scandisk to check the drive where your My Documents folder is located.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP error report (XP)

MUI is installed. Was I supposed to have done more than that?
    The MSO1037.acl doesn't exist so I can't rename it.
    The MSO1037 folder in Windows is empty.

Is there a possible connection with the fact that my Windows XP version is installed in English?