2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Delete Confirmation dialog

I originally asked this question in the Word forum but no one was able to suggest a possible solution.

I have some users of Word 2000/SR1 under Win98 who are not getting the confirmation dialogue box when they select a file for deletion via the Word Open dialogue box. When the delete is executed the file is gone.
    When they delete via Win Explorer, the delete confirmation box does appear and the file is saved in the recycle bin.
    I attempted to reproduce the problem on another machine in another environment, using a Win 98-Word 2000/SR1 and an XP-Word2002/SP1 setup but I get the confirmation boxes in both cases. When I de-select the confirmation notification in the recycle bin properties, the confirmation box does not appear, which is what is expected.
    Is there some place in Word that controls the delete action? I have checked Word's Options and I cannot find any reference there.
    Thank you

Thanks

Re: Delete Confirmation dialog

macdonell,
    I am running Word 2000 under WinXP and I can get the confirm delete OK. I don't see any option box to checkuncheck to do this, but have you tried the detect and repair function, under the help drop down?
    Also, have you checked out the MS Knowledge base for Win 2000? I did a quick search under confirm deletion and came up with a whole flock of Q numbers that might apply....including Q198553 which is how to rebuild the user preferences & option settings in the registry. Give them a try.
    Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!