ccj

Email sent to deleted

We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 5.5. I have a user who just received a meeting request from another employee. The meeting request went directly to the deleted file of the person who was sent the meeting request. This has happened occasionally in the past. Any ideas of the cause?

preed

Re: Email sent to deleted

Check Tools | Options | E-Mail Options | Tracking Options

Check to see if the first box (Process Requests and Responses on Arrival) and the fourth box are checked.

ccj

The first box was checked but not the 4th (Delete blank....). Was that my problem? She did not originally send the meeting request she was recipient. Thanks

preed

Oops, sorry. I read too quickly.
    Check Tools | Options | Calendar options | Resource Scheduling. Is the first box checked?

ccj

Yes, it was checked. I had her uncheck it to see if it still is a problem. What's puzzling is that this is not something that happens all the time - just occasionally.

preed

Automatic processing of meeting requests occurs during 30-60 seconds of idle time on your computer. Also, if Outlook is closed, then restarted before MAPISP32.EXE ends, this automatic processing may be interrupted. A new meeting request received within a one-hour span will trigger it again once it's been interrupted.