4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Table Properties (WORD 97)

I have template where I need to insert a table indented by 1 inch from the left by default (my Normal style is set to indent by 1 inch). Under WORD2000 this works like a charm and the inserted table is indented correctly. But under WORD97 it DOESN'T indent the table and the table starts at column 0.

Does anyone know why and is it possible to insert a table (in WORD97) indented by 1 inch BY DEFAULT in WORD97. I would like to use the standard tables provided by WORD97/2000 without having to define my own tables - the company rule unfortunately.

Any help greatefully accepted.

Thanks.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Table Properties (WORD 97)

Personally, I'd try to circumvent the company rule. You can have identical table formats, except indented by using autotext entries. Alternatively, you could insert a style that has the paragraph indentation that you want. If you don't use table borders, it will look just as if the table is indented.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Table Properties (WORD 97)

If your tables tend to have the same basic layout, you could set one up and add it to your Normal.dot (or other suitable template). Then it'll be there ready to use/copy in any new document you create based on that template. The main downside is that you'll have to delete the table if you don't want one in the new document, but you might consider that a small price to pay.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]