3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Get rid of 'Sent on Behalf Of' (Outlook 2000)

Does anyone know a way to get rid of the "sent on behalf of" message when sending messages from the mailbox of someone for whom you have delegate rights? I read on dejanews that you can change it on the Exchange server from Send on behalf of to send as, but that this causes a rather large security hole.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Get rid of 'Sent on Behalf Of' (Outlook 2000)

I think this has to be done on the Exchange server. You can be given owner rights to the other mailbox. You add the other account to your profile and folder view.

If you display the From field and you're an account owner you can put the other account in as the sending account. In the back of my mind I'm thinking this needs SP3 on the Exchange server to work right. But I'm not sure.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. However, that's the fix I found on the knowledge base, and not an option because of a security risk. However, we have had a few secretaries that were able to change it on the front end, but we cannot duplicate what they did. I was hoping that someone could tell us how to do that.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you are able to remove the "sent on behalf of" it is a security issue. If you think about it, this is like signing a letter for someone who may never have seen the letter. I don't know how you had folks who have changed this on the front end (client level) -- I don't think it is possible in Outlook 2k.

Even if they think that's what they want, I'd talk them out of it for risk management reasons.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, you could do it without the Sent on Behalf of in GroupWise, so secretaries are used to doing it this way. In addition, we have many secretaries that send all mail for the attorney they work for, and they already have owner access to the mailbox. The attorney never sends mail, so having it look like it is from someone else is an issue. For the time being we are telling people the send on behalf of is a way of life, but would like to find a way around it.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Have you rec'd any new info on this? We are running into the same requests here and wanted to know if you discovered the work-around.
    Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There is no work-around other than to have the second user log on <font color=6495ed>as</font color=6495ed> the first user.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. We did this and it worked.
    Cheers.
    kw