Star Lounger
    Thanks

Delegate access from folder (Outlook xp)

I am trying to setup Outlook folder access for a delegate (rather than file, open, other user's folder, etc.) I have setup the permission properties within options, delegates and the properties for the objects (inbox, calendar, contacts). The owner's mailbox is visible from the outlook folders but when I try to expand it says I don't have permission? Not sure what I'm missing...the file open method does work so I believe the permssions are correct. thanks for any help. sb

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delegate access from folder (Outlook xp)

Delegates and Permissions are two different things. Use Tools, Options, Delegates only if you want the Delegate to have send-on-behalf privileges. This is a different thing than giving Permissions to folders.

Probably what you are missing, if you used Tools, Services, Exchange to add the user to the Folder List, is that you didn't give Permissions at the Mailbox level (See, properties of "Mailbox -- Name, User" in the Folder List). For the Inbox folder the Mailbox is the parent folder. In order for the delegate to see any folder(s), they must have permissions to all parent folders.

I've made this mistake a couple times, but never again! Hope this helps.