Star Lounger
    Thanks

group message mistake (OE v.6)

Sometimes I send email to groups of people by entering all their addresses in the Bcc line. Occasionally, I get a message saying that is couldn't be sent because there is a mistake in one of the addresses.

My question is, does the email get sent to the addresses that are correct or does the one erroneous address prevent the message from being delivered at all?

I don't want to send the message twice to the correct addresses if they already got it from the first mailing.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: group message mistake (OE v.6)

Double check with one of the people you sent it to - but AFAIK, with OE the messages are sent to the good addresses. (This isn't always true with Outlook, one bad address will keep it from going to everyone.)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ditto exactly what MaryJ has said, the other emails sent using O/E BBC will be delivered, I use this feature often and understand the question well. When you receive a "delivery failure" or "unable to deliver message" notice - read the notice, it will show the address that did not receive your bulk mailing. Usually someone has changed their email address, their server was busy or the addressee had a "full email box", if I get one of my recipients returned there is always an explanation saying what the reason was, mostly it is "address unknown" or "recipeint not known at this address".

Thanks

I think for Outlook it might depend on whether the bad address is local to your mail server. Our server delivers local messages first before relaying. If one of the local messages is bad, it won't make any of the local or Internet deliveries. On the other hand, if an Internet message is bad, it seems to deliver to all the others. This might vary among mail servers.