3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Freezes (2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.4527))

Last week, I had my office PC upgraded to Office and Outlook 2000 (from 97 & 98, I think). I am running Windows 2000 as an OS. My problem is that Outlook checks out frequently when I try to access it (mail, calendar, etc.). It simply refuses to respond. Windows Task Manager says that it is "not responding" and this goes on for 30 seconds or more.

A related problem had to do with "synchronization". When Outlook attempted to synchronize my local hard drive with various network drives, the same symptoms presented themselves - basically Outlook went out to lunch. I sent the synchro timing to occur only once a day and hope that it happens when I am not using the system (it synch's up whenever I shut down anyway).

This other thing tho is really frustrating. Anyone have a clue as to what may be going on?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Freezes (2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.4527))

An update. The problem appears to be related to a background program that I have been running. I run Seti@Home in the background which pretty much hogs the processor unless another program needs it for something. This did not pose a problem with Outlook 98, but 2000 doesn't seem to like it. When I turn Seti@Home off, everything settles down. Too bad. I like running Seti@Home (who knows when we will hit the big time and find ET?). If anyone out there has experienced the same and has found a cure, I sure would like to know.

Thanks all. You are a great resource.

Douglas