Lounger
    Thanks

E-Mail selected addressee (2000)

I usually find the answers to my questions by searching all the past posts, but for this programming challenge I did not find quite what I was looking for. Who knows...maybe it can't be done. Here's my rubic's cube dilemma: On a Customer Information form I enter all the pertinent data; name, address, phone, etc. and their email address. At some point later, I am autofilling their email address into another form, which is a Work Order Invoice. No problems yet. I also have an email button set up to send an exact copy of the form (as a .snp file (report)), which opens Outlook and inserts the file as an attachment. Still no problem. But, how do I, or should I say, can I, take the selected email address from the txt.email control, and carrying it through to the Outlook email message and have it Auto-fill the To: field?

I didn't include any code for you to review because at this point I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Naturally a customer (got to keep them happy) would like this feature, vs. having to select the email address from their Outlook Contacts. One less step to save 5 seconds. As always, I thank you in advance for your help!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: E-Mail selected addressee (2000)

Yes you can. How you do it depends on the particular technique you use to generate the email..
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

I'm using a Send Object command in a macro. It opens up a replica of the Invoice form in a Report format, saves it as a .snp file, places it in the email, etc. Does that help out? Like I mentioned, it works great. Just trying to figure out how to save them from having to enter email addresses in both the Customer Info form as well having duplicate copies in their Outlook Contacts. Multiple users use the database so keeping all the data self-contained would be a big help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Have a form open with the email address on it, then
    In the CC line of the macro command put a reference to the form and the control with the email address in it.
    e.g. =Forms![frmmyform]![email]
    sorry I didn't mean the CC line, I meant to To line
    Regards
    John

Lounger
    Thanks

Great. Thanks for the help.