Thread: convert MP3

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

convert MP3

I have been given a couple of CDs with old time music in the mp3 format. Can anyone direct me to instructions on how to convert the mp3 to a format that can be copied to a cd and played in regular cd players. I have Roxio 5.0 (standard) for burner software.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: convert MP3

I believe Easy CD Creator 5.0 (which you have) will allow you to add an MP3 directly to a CD in Audio format. The older versions required that you convert it yourself before copying to an AudioCD, but I AFAIK the latest (5.0) does that for you. Have you tried that yet?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Trebor!

I only owned Roxio for five minutes or so and can't remember whether it has this functionality, but if you can get hold of a (demo) copy of Nero, it's easy.

Using the wizard you tell it you want to 'Create a new CD', select Audio CD as the destination type, and select the burn speed (normally selected by media/drive default). The program then shows a 'File Manager' style window where you drag the MP3's you want to record from the right pane, over to the blank destination pane on the left. Once you're happy with your compilation, a click on the relevant button on the toolbar starts the burn process.

I've found it to be reliable, but others may know of some other s/w, maybe a plug-in for Roxio. I don't know what the restrictions are in the demo version. I had a look around the site, but the didn't appear to be any details. I guess you only find out once you've downloaded it....

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

CDex is one of my favorites for converting between MP3 and WAVE formats. One you have a wave format, you can burn directly to CD.

I too have heard great things about Nero.