New Lounger
    Thanks

Databases For Front Page (2000)

Have used, in Front Page, a membership database which was searchable on many fields. That program has crashed and it is no longer supported. Am looking for easy to use database that may be imported into Front Page 2000 and searched on numerous fields. Of course, the key phrase missing is - it has to be inexpensive!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Databases For Front Page (2000)

i wasnt working databases with fp00, just html. FP02 has much db stuff built in, and even builds an exceedingly simple Access database for you, and has connections for ODBC.

FP00 has some of that, i think (cant remember). Anyway, the 'free' database for web work is MySQL; google for the website.

Thanks

Re: Databases For Front Page (2000)

There are two very different strategies for using databases in your site. The first is to use a passive database file, such as a Microsoft Access .MDB file, and access it using ADO (or FrontPage's database components). Once you have the database file created, this is a breeze. However, if you don't actually purchase Access or the relevant program, it can be a bit tricky to revise the structure of the file and debug your queries. The second approach is to run a separate database server program and have the web server make requests of that program. If you require high performance and have direct access to the server, or your host supports MySQL, the second option might be preferable. (I only have experience with the first method.)