Star Lounger
    Thanks

Spellcheck doesn't work with OE (7.0)

Hi Folks.
    An older gentleman I know asked me the following question and I don't know how to answer. He'd sure appreciate some help.

"I have a vintage version of Microsoft Office Professional (V7.0, 1995), I'm very satisfied with it. The only problem is that the spell checker doesn't work when I'm in Outlook Express (like right now). The strange thing is that this is happening only since I upgraded to WinXP. It was working fine when my OS was Win98. I'm using the same version of Outlook Express as when I had Win98. My questions are: First, what made the spell checker unusable with the new OS (and only with Outlook Express, because it still works when I use Word) and second, can I upgrade the spell checker so that it can be used when I'm composing emails and still work with the old version of Microsoft Word? I don't want to put out $500 to get a new version of Microsoft Office."

Thanks for any assistance.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spellcheck doesn't work with OE (7.0)

I think I saw a posting, at that famous source, someplace or other, that stated that Office 95 does not play nice with Win XP. Maybe that broke the spell checker?