4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Volume Mixer Gone (98SE)

I recently had a signal overload problem with the S/PDIF Digital Input associated with the Mixer for my new soundcard. I wanted to double-check the settings in my Windows Mixer, to make sure the problem didn't originate there. But...It's gone. I can disable the soundcard's Mixer Driver in Mutimedia Device Properties, but the Windows Mixer still won't open. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Volume Mixer Gone (98SE)

By 'Windows Mixer', do you mean the volume control application (sndvol32exe)?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fish,

Yes, that's it. The .exe is in the correct location (AccesoriesEntertainment), but will not open.

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Mark,

One thing you could try is uninstalling it through Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, and uncheck the volume control entry. (Don't quote me on the naming of 'Add/Remove Windows Components' - I'm on a W2K machine here and the naming is different). Reinstall it from your original W98SE CD. I think there's an option button to install additional components from the menu that may appear when you insert the disk, depending on whether the autorun feature is enabled on your machine.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fish,

It's "Windows Setup" in 98SE; & it's in there, installed (under "Multimedia".)

mark4man

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Did you remove it, then reinstall it?