3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Analyze > 16K records (in Excel) (2000, SR-1)

I have Access 2000 and Excel 2000. I have a table in an Access database with about 25K records. When I select Tools | Office LInks | Analyze It with MS Excel, it creates an Excel workbook, but truncates after 16K records. It seems to be creating an old version Excel file (5.0?). It's possible that my PC was upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2000, so I'm wondering if that's part of the reason. I realize I could completely uninstall Office 2000 and then reinstall it, but does anybody know if there's an easier way? TIA.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Analyze > 16K records (in Excel) (2000, SR-1)

It seems to me that's a known issue (feature?) with Access. In other words, I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling will fix it. You could try the Export command in Access, or you could use the TransferSpreadsheet command from VBA. This MS Knowledge Base article gives details on what's going on.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Analyze > 16K records (in Excel) (2000, SR-1)

I checked the Microsoft Knowledge Base and found that, "for backwards compatibility", it uses Excel 5.0 when you do "Analyze with Excel". Also, it implies that there is no fix for this, but gives three "workarounds". You can refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article number Q201589 for more information.

Edited by Charlotte to activate link