2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pop-Up Toolbar Button (Like the Borders Button) (Excel 2000 SR1)

Hello,

I would like to add a toolbar button that is similar to the popup buttons that are used for Borders, Font Colors, and Fill Colors. There is an object named msoButtonPopup, but I cannot seem to get it to work. If anyone can provide a sample or some ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    I have been told that what I want to do is not possible with Excel 2000, but I have seen solutions to many things that are "not possible" in this forum so I thought I would try my luck.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pop-Up Toolbar Button (Like the Borders Button) (Excel 2000 SR1)

Did you mean msoControlButtonPopup? The Buttons you mention are msoControlDropDown Buttons, look at that property to see if it's what you want. msoControlButtonPopup is used to pop a "separate" menu like the Function Wizard. See also Brooke's <post#=40389>post 40389</post#> on adding menu options to the ShortCut menu when a cell or other object is right clicked, if that's of interest. And, depending on what you want to do, many menu manipulations/creations are possible, but you need to post the code to see what the problem might be.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You are correct about the name, I want an msoControlButtonDropdown. I do not want to add a drop down list or pop-up menu, but rather a button like the "Borders" button, that when clicked, presents several other button type images that can be selected.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

There's some menu code stuff here, here and some sample code in John Walkenbach's Excel 2000 Power Programming With VBA.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well if you get it figured out, please post back here. I have spent hours in the past trying to get the msoControlExpandingGrid to work with a right click popup menu to no avail. Thanks.