Star Lounger
    Thanks

Switching email profiles

I frequently have to switch email profiles, sending different emails as if I was representing different organisations. The normal way to do this as far as I can see is to create different internet email profiles, then go to Tools/Services/Delivery and promote/demote the relevant one, and then retart Outlook. Is there a simpler way to do it, does anyone know? Am I missing something?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Switching email profiles

which version of outlook and if 98 or 2000, why are you using corp mode? IMO mode will handle it much easier.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm using 2000, and am on a notebook that shuttles between an Exchange 5.5 (office) and a standalone (home) environment. Is 'IMO' standalone? is that compatible with Exchange?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

no, IMO can't hook to exchange, unless your admin enabled IMAP or POP. then youonly get mail, not hte special folders. if you use pop, leave mail on server....

Star Lounger
    Thanks

If what you say is true (I don't doubt you) then the effect is that I cannot use Outlook to keep my personal and work email apart. Without a tedious switching between them, ending an outlook session and restarting, all my personal email is stamped with my work address (or vice versa), and this has a cascading effect on folder rules etc. :-(