2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changing printed datasheet default headers/footers (All versions)

I would like to be able to change the default headers/footers that automatically occur when I print a table datasheet. Can this be done and, if so, how? Thanks. Bob W.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing printed datasheet default headers/footers (All versions)

What default headers and footers? If you mean the column headings, those are determined by the Caption property of the field. If there is no caption, then the field name is used. If you're talking about the page headers and footer (i.e., table name and date in the header and Page # in the footer), you can only turn them on and off, not change what's in them. You're option is to create a report, where you *can* control the headers and footers, and print that instead.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Charlotte. I was talking about the page headers and footers. I thought there might be a way to change them as opposed to turning them on or off. Guess there is no way. The reason I ask is; I teach basic Access at a local College and need to see what students are entering in the datasheet. They print their work and hand it in. If I could find a way to change the page headers and footers, they could identify their work there, instead of "Print Screening" the page and printing them in Word. Bob W.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If the datasheets are small enough, they can simply select all and paste into a Word document, but another method would be to publish the datasheet to Word and add the headers and footers there. That will give you a Word table that looks like an Access datasheet. Would that do? You can find the Publish to Word item on the Tools menu under Office Links.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Charlotte: I think the Publish to Word is the answer. Appreciate your assistance. Bob W.