Thanks

Re: Using whole thread in 'search by name'

All search results are, by default, in threaded mode.
    If you have searched for a specific reference and this is found in post #10 of a 20 post thread, how are you easily ging to locate it?
    To be honest, it is six of one and half a dozen of the other - there are pro's and con's in both methods of viewing a thread from a search.

And I assume you are referring to <big>E</big>ileen?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

We've gone 'round this one before. Theys a gonna tell ya that if the search opened in the fuill display mode you would have to look for the one post that relates to your search. Of course the words you searched for are in bold italics so the looking is pretty clear. You do usually need to read the whole thread to see what is relevant about the one post. But you gotta klk the "threaded mode" icon at the top or bottom. I can never remember which is which, flat or threaded, so I just keep clicking until I get what I want which is the full display not just the headers. If we all keep squeaking maybe we will get some oil.

I get really frustrated on the boards that don't give the option of showing the whole thread. Thank the PTB that we do have that option here -- mostly.

Thanks

Once you arrive at a link of a post in thread mode, look in the upper right-hand corner and notice the two types of icons for flat vs. thread as I have circled below. Just click the icon of the staggered folders (thread view) and then you can easily peruse the remainder of the thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using whole thread in 'search by name'

Back on August 19, Bruce requested a search "by user name" here and Eileen promptly responded with this option which allows you to search for new or all posts by user name, and I've found it very useful--in referencing a previous post by someone on a topic brought up, or as an added way to search for information I can remember being covered but not when or by whom. I am encountering one snag, though. Let's say I search for all posts by Eileen--or all new posts--the posts will come up, but I have to click on each one separately in order to view them. I can't view the entire thread the way you normally can.
    I also mixed up about the meaning of "flat" v. the alternative. This seems to be a variation on the thread Rick started previously here.
    Any way after a search by name to be able to view all the posts in the thread at once?

Thanks,

defrag

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks all three--
    This all helps. And sorry for the mispelling. The feature Eileen created I find very useful.

defrag